This course is designed for trainers, educators, and transitioning teachers who want to enhance their course development abilities
This is an intensive experience which provides the science, processes, and systems behind Instructional Systems Design that is missing in most train-the-trainer courses. You will be actively building a course as you apply theory and processes to develop training for your organization. This training is significantly more than creating an outline and slide deck.
You will learn and be able to:
– Perform analysis, including a task analysis
– Develop a Training Design Plan
– Create effective and measurable performance objectives
– Create instructor and participant guides and slide decks
– Create rubrics and scenario control documentation
– Develop defensible tests that have content validity
– Create evaluation tolls that measure course efficacy
Introduction to Instructional Design, vicarious liability, agency training needs and resource analysis
Course design and mapping
Course materials development, with special attention on creating realistic scenarios and role play training
Development (cont.), review, deployment, testing and evaluation
Follow-up meetingTo complete this course, each participant is required to follow-up with the instructor within 90 days of training to discuss the process, answer any additional questions, and discuss the process.
MaterialsEveryone will receive templates and examples to aid in your course development. You will need a laptop or computer with Microsoft Office. Be prepared to discuss on the first day of class the training topic you want to develop that interests you or is needed in your organization.
- Teacher: Rick Jacobs